Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Greetings from Miami!

I have never felt so stretched in my entire life. Coming up on the 4 week mark, I feel like I have learned more and grown more in this short month than in my entire walk with the Lord. The Lord is revealing truths to me that I have never had to face before and truly healing a lot of the wounds that I have tried to hide for so long.

Work is going really well. The life of a BK lounge girl isn't the most glamorous but my co-workers are truly amazing. I am learning so much about them and am starting to form some really fun friendships! If you could be praying for some opportunities for conversations, that I would be very intentional, and that the Lord would be preparing their hearts, I would really appreciate it!! My Spanish is really starting to pick up...Hamburguesa con queso y lechua sin mayo....hamburger with cheese and lettuce, no mayo....yea, I'm pretty legit.

It is crazy that we are almost to the half-way point. The staff leaves in 5 days and I am pretty petrified. The Lord has truly blessed this project with a great group of people and I am really confident that the 40 of us are going to have an amazing time and glorify the Lord in the process. The staff leaving is pretty sad to me. I have been able to cultivate amazing relationships with several of the staff girls. These women are the some of the most Godly and incredible women I have ever encountered. I have been able to meet with a few of them one on one and those times have been some of my favorite. These women have faced very challenging times in their life and to see their unwavering faith in the Lord has been such a huge encouragement to me. I have really been struggling with the death of my dad recently and although it doesn't make the pain go away these women have been able to give me some amazing perspective. I will always miss my dad, especially on days like today, but I also have to stand strong in the fact that although I no longer physically have my earthly father I will always have the memories, and I will always have my Father in heaven. One of the staff women has a book entitled "Prayer Portions" and in it is a whole section on the Lord as our Father and it has been very comforting today. In 1st John chapter 3 verse 1 it says, "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God, and that is what we are! The reason the world does not know this is that it did not know Him." And what a comfort that is. I have my Father in heaven and no one can ever take that away from me.

Being here is helping me deal with so many unresolved issues that I never even realized I had. The Lord is healing me in ways I didn't realize I needed to be and everyday I am learning more about myself, the Lord, and my amazing romance with Him. With 6 weeks left, I cannot imagine what my life is going to look like at the end of the summer.
Stay tuned,

Jess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment